Authors and affiliations
Let A, G and L denote the arithmetic, geometric resp. logarithmic means of two positive number, and let P denote the Seiffert mean. We study the properties of two new means X resp. Y , defined by X = A · eG / P−1 and Y = G · eL /A − 1.
- Means and their inequalities
- Trigonometric inequalities
- Integral inequalities
- Sándor, J. On the identric and logarithmic means, Aequationes Math., Vol. 40, 1990, 261–270.
- Sándor, J. On certain identities for means, Studia Univ. Babes¸-Bolyai, Math., Vol. 38, 1993, No. 4, 7–14.
- Sándor, J. On certain inequalities for means III, Arch. Math., Vol. 76, 2001, 34–40.
- Neuman, E., J. Sándor, On the Schwab–Borchardt mean, Math. Pannonica, Vol. 14, 2003, No. 2, 253–266.
- Neuman, E., J. Sándor, On the Schwab–Borchardt mean II, Math. Pannonica, Vol. 17, 2006, No. 1, 49–59.
- Neuman, E., J. Sándor, On some inequalities involving trigonometric and hyperbolic functions with emphasis on the Cusa–Huygens, Wilker and Huygens inequalities, Math. Ineq. Appl., Vol. 13, 2010, No. 4, 715–723.
- Sándor, J. Two sharp inequalities for trigonometric and hyperbolic functions, Math. Ineq. Appl., Vol. 15, 2012, No. 2, 409–413.
- Sándor, J. On Huygens’ inequalities and the theory of means, Intern. J. Math. Sci., Vol. 2012, 2012, Article ID 597490, 9 pp.
- Sándor, J., B. A. Bhayo, On certain old and new trigonometric and hyperbolic inequalities, to appear.
- Sándor, J. Trigonometric and Hyperbolic Inequalities,
- Sándor, J. On certain conjectures by Russo, Smarandache Notions J., Vol. 13, 2002, No. 1–3, 21–22.
Cite this paper
Sándor, J. (2014). On two new means of two variables. Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 20(1), 1-9.