Authors and affiliations
In the literature, there are many identities about Fibonacci and Lucas numbers. In this study, we give three identities concerning Fibonacci and Lucas numbers. Then we present some Diophantine equations such as z2 + x2 + y2 = xyz + 4.
- Fibonacci numbers
- Lucas numbers
- Fibonacci matrix
- Diophantine equation
- Debnath, L., A short history of the Fibonacci and golden numbers with their applications, Internat. J. Math. Ed. Sci. Tech. Vol. 42, 2011, No. 3, 337–367.
- Hoggatt, V. E. Jr., Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers , Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 1969.
- Johnson, R. C., Matrix methods for Fibonacci and related sequences , 2003, Available online http://www.dur.ac.uk/bob.johnson/fibonacci/.
- Keskin, R., Solutions of Some Quadratics Diophantine Equations, Computers and Mathe- matics with Applications , Vol. 60, 2010, 2225–2230.
- Keskin, R., B. Demirtürk, Some new Fibonacci and Lucas identities by matrix methods, Internat. J. Math. Ed. Sci. Tech. , Vol. 41, 2010, No. 3, 379–387.
- Koshy, T., Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers with Applications , John Wiley and Sons, Proc., New York–Toronto, 2001.
- Spiyev, M. Z., Fibonacci identities via the determinant sum property, College Mathematics Journal , Vol. 37, 2006, No. 4, 286–289.
- Vajda, S., Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers and the Golden Section, Ellis Horwood Limited Publ., England, 1989.
Cite this paperAPA
Keskin, R. (2014). Three identities concerning Fibonacci and Lucas numbers. Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 20(5), 44-48.Chicago
Keskin, Refik. “Three Identities Concerning Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers.” Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics 20, no. 5 (2014): 44-48.MLA
Keskin, Refik. “Three Identities Concerning Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers.” Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics 20.5 (2014): 44-48. Print.