Authors and affiliations
Certain sum formulas with terms from balancing-like and Lucas-balancing-like sequences are discussed. The resemblance of some of these formulas with corresponding sum formulas involving natural numbers are exhibited.
- Balancing-like sequences
- Lucas-balancing-like sequences
- Fibonacci sequence
- Binet form
- Davala, R. K & Panda, G. K. (2015) On sum and ratio formulas for balancing numbers, J. Indian Math. Soc., 82(2), 23–32.
- Good, I. J. (1974) A reciprocal series of Fibonacci numbers, Fib. Quart., 12(4), 346.
- Melham, R. S. (1999) Sums of certain products of Fibonacci and Lucas numbers, Fib. Quart., 37(3), 248-251.
- Melham, R. S. (2000) Sums of certain products of Fibonacci and Lucas numbers – Part II, Fib. Quart., 38(1), 3-7.
- Panda, G. K. & Rout, S. S. (2012) A class of recurrent sequences exhibiting some exciting properties of balancing numbers, Int. J. Math. Comp. Sci., 6, 4–6.
- Ray, P. K. (2009) Balancing and cobalancing numbers, Ph.D. Thesis, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
- Rout, S. S. (2015) Some generalizations and properties of balancing numbers, Ph.D. Thesis, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
Cite this paper
Kumar Davala, R., & Panda, G. K. (2016). On sum and ratio formulas for balancing-like sequences, Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 22(3), 45-53.