Authors and affiliations
Centre for Biomedical Engineering – Bulgarian Academy of Sciences,
Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 105, Sofia-1113, Bulgaria
φ and σ functions (see, e.g., ) are two of the most important arithmetic functions.
They have a lot of very interesting properties. Some of them will be discussed below.
- Chandrasekharan K. Introduction to Analytic Number Theory. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1968.
- Atanassov K., Short proof of a hypothesis of A. Mullin. Bull. of Number Theory and Related Topics, Vol. IX (1985), No. 2, 9-11.
- Atanassov K. New integer functions, related to φ and σ functions. Bull. of Number Theory and Related Topics, Vol. XI (1987), No. 1, 3-26.
- Aranassov K. Remarks on φ, σ and ψ functions. Mathematical Forum (in press, 2001).
- Atanassov, K. T. (2016). An arithmetic function decreasing the natural numbers. Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 22(4), 16-19.
Cite this paper
Atanassov, K. (2001). Remarks on φ, σ, ψ and ρ functions. Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 7(1), 1-3.