Authors and affiliations
We present alternative expressions for modularity in graphs. Modularity is used as a measure to characterize the community of networks, which is one of the most important features in real-world networks, especially social networks.
- Community structure
- Arenas, A, A. Fernández, S. Gómez. Analysis of the structure of complex networks at different resolution levels. New J. Phys., 10 (2008) 053039
- Danon, L., A. Díaz-Guilera, J. Duch, A. Arenas. Comparing community structure identification. J. Stat. Mech.: Theory Exp., 2005 P09008
- Fortunato, S. Community detection in graphs. Phys. Rep., 486 (2010) 75–174
- Kumpula, J. M., J. Saramäki, K. Kaski, J. Kertész. Limited resolution in complex network community detection with Potts model approach. Eur. Phys. J. B, 56 (2007) 41–45
- Mieghem, P. V., X. Ge, P. Schumm, S. Trajanovski, H. Wang. Spectral graph analysis of modularity and assortativity. Phys. Rev. E, 82 (2010) 056113
- Newman, M. E. J. Modularity and community structure in networks. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 103(2006) 8577–8582
- Newman, M. E. J., M. Girvan. Finding and evaluating community structure in networks. Phys. Rev. E, 69 (2004) 026113
- Weisstein, E. W. CRC Concise Encyclopedia of Mathematics. CRC Press, 2003
Cite this paper
Shang, Y. (2011). A characterization of modularity in graphs. Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 17(3), 10-12.