Prasanta K Ray, Sunima Patel and Manoj K Mandal
Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics
Print ISSN 1310–5132, Online ISSN 2367–8275
Volume 22, 2016, Number 4, Pages 41—48
Download full paper: PDF, 173 Kb
Authors and affiliations
It is well-known that the balancing numbers are the square roots of the triangular numbers and are the solutions of the Diophantine equation 1 + 2 + … + (n − 1) = (n + 1) + (n + 2) + … + (n + r), where r is the balancer corresponding to the balancing number n. Thus if n is a balancing number, then 8n2 + 1 is a perfect square and its positive square root is called a Lucas-balancing number. The goal of this paper is to establish some new identities of these numbers.
- Generating function
- Alvarado, S., Dujella, A., & Luca, F. (2012) On a conjecture regarding balancing with powers of Fibonacci numbers, Integers, 12, 1127–1158.
- Behera, A., & Panda, G. K. (1999) On the square roots of triangular numbers, The Fibonacci Quarterly, 37(2), 98–105.
- Belbachair, H., & Szalay, L. (2014) Balancing in direction (1; –1) in Pascal’s triangle, Armenian Journal of mathematics, 6(1), 32–40.
- B´erczes, A., Liptai, K., & Pink, I. (2010) On generalized balancing sequences, The Fibonacci Quarterly, 48(2), 121–128.
- Irmak, N. (2013) Balancing with balancing powers, Miskolc Mathematical Notes, 14(3), 951–957.
- Keskin, R., & Karaatly, O. (2012) Some new properties of balancing numbers and square triangular numbers, Journal of Integer Sequences, 15(1), Article 12.1.4.
- Kovacs, T., Liptai, K., & Olajos, P. (2010) On (a; b)-type balancing numbers, Publicationes Mathematicae Debrecen, 77(3–4), 485–498.
- Olajos, P. (2010) Properties of balancing, cobalancing and generalized balancing numbers, Annales Mathematicae et Informaticae, 37, 125–138.
- Panda, G. K., & Ray, P. K. (2011) Some links of balancing and cobalancing numbers with Pell and associated Pell numbers, Bulletin of the Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica (New Series), 6(1), 41–72.
- Panda, G. K. (2009) Some fascinating properties of balancing numbers, Proceeding of the Eleventh International Conference on Fibonacci Numbers and Their Applications, Cong. Numerantium, 194, 185–189.
- Panda, G. K., & Rout, S. S. (2013) Gap balancing numbers, The Fibonacci Quarterly, 51(3), 239–248.
- Panda, G. K., & Rout, S. S. (2014) Periodicity of Balancing numbers, Acta Math. Hungar., 143(2), 274–286.
- Ray, P. K. (2012) Certain matrices associated with balancing and Lucas-balancing numbers, MATEMATIKA, 28(1), 15–22.
- Ray, P. K. (2012) Curious congruences for balancing numbers, International Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Sciences, 7 (18), 881–889.
- Ray, P. K. (2014) Some congruences for balancing and Lucas-balancing numbers and their applications, Integers, 14, #A8.
- Ray, P. K. (2015) Balancing and Lucas-balancing sums by matrix methods, Mathematical Reports, 17(2), 225–233.
Cite this paperAPA
Ray, P.K., Patel, S. & Mandal, M. K. (2016). Identities for balancing numbers using generating function and some new congruence relations, Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics, 22(4), 41-48.Chicago
Ray, Prasanta K., Sunima Patel and Manoj K Mandal “Identities for Balancing Numbers Using Generating Function and Some New Congruence Relations.” Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics 22, no. 4 (2016): 41-48.MLA
Ray, Prasanta K., Sunima Patel and Manoj K Mandal, “Identities for Balancing Numbers Using Generating Function and Some New Congruence Relations.”Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics 22.4 (2016): 41-48. Print.